Your City. Your Career.
Make an Impact.
Application ProcessView Available JobsEmployee BenefitsLogin/Create AccountSalary Ordinances/ContractsHiring Policies
Our employees play a significant role in the success of the City of Wichita.
The City of Wichita offers employees a benefit program that's comprehensive, affordable and full of choices. Full time, regular employees are eligible for most benefits on the first of the month following their date of hire.
- Health Insurance
- Virtual Care Visits
- Prescription Drug Insurance
- Maternity Program through the Health Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Term Life INsurance
- Dependent Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Additional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation 457 Investment Plans
- Wichita Employees' Association
Review the City of Wichita's 2019 Benefits Enrollment Guide for additional details
Wichita Wellness Program
The City of Wichita is committed to improving the overall wellness of employees by providing information about healthy lifestyle choices, opportunities to maintain and improve physical, mental and social well-being, and support for self-care. The everyday choices we make can help us live healthier, happier and more fulfilling lives.
Participation in the Wichita Wellness Program is strictly voluntary.
Pension and Deferred Compensation
The City of Wichita provides a mandatory pension for its employees.
Wichita Employee Retirement Plan 3
Wichita Employee Retirement Plan 3 membership covers all civilian (noncommissioned) full-time employees of the City of Wichita hired on or after January 1, 1994. Employees are Plan 3 members until becoming vested after completing seven (7) years of service. Their membership then automatically converts to Plan 2. To remain a member of Plan 3, the employee must make a irrevocable election within ninety (90) days of becoming vested.
Police & Fire System Plan C-79
Police & Fire System Plan C-79 membership covers all full-time commissioned Police and Fire Officers employed by the City of Wichita on or after January 1, 1979, and Safety Officers at the Wichita Airport transferred to the Police & Fire System or employed after June 29, 1966.
Employees excluded from Plan C-79 membership:
- Civilian employees;
- Seasonal, temporary, limited, or part-time employees;
- Employee permanently appointed to position of Chief of Police whose employment offer provided the option of membership in the International City Management Association Retirement Corporation (ICMA-RC) unless an election was made to select membership in the Police & Fire system.
Deferred Compensation or 457 (b)
Deferred Compensation or 457 (b) is a retirement savings program that is provided through EMPOWER.
Learning Quest provides an opportunity to save for your education or for anyone else's. It is provided through American Century.
Learning and Development
The City has a comprehensive training program for all employees.